In this episode, we’ve got some knitting, some spinning, and I am all spun up about some long weekends I have ahead of me.
- The knit group harassed me about the delay in recording
- The boy and I had a fantastic time celebrating our 20th anniversary
- We drove east to Missouri to spend a great long weekend on the Miramac River
- Work, work, work, work, work
Spinning my Wheels
I don’t have a fun story to share but I dive right in to the crafting.
- Flashback socks: I used instagram to help me choose between flashback patterns I have been wanting to knit – Jaywalker, Leyburn, Skew and Simple Skyp. Skew was the clear winner and I got those cast on. I dug through my stash and found Claudia Hand Painted Yarn – the original recommended yarn from when Skew was originally published.
- I cast on a cowl in Chunky Merino Super Wash Merino by Plymouth Yarns
- Big knitting update: My Blue Heaven is finished. I mean finished, knit, blocked, done. The pattern has been reviewed by my tech. editor and is in final edit. Once I get the photo shoot done, it will be published.
- It is a chevron shawl out of a Gradiant set I got from The 100th Sheep.
- I am still working on a plain pair of self-striping socks in Rainbow Trout Stripe by Artistic Yarns. I am doing a toe-up sock this time and planning on using a heel by Lara Neel.
- I will be looking for feedback on packing travel knitting.
- The majority of the sewing is chore sewing.
- I also plan to make a set of DNP Keepers out of leather.
- It has really helped to put the spindle out in the open on a shelf. I am definitely spinning more often when I walk passed it.
All Spun Up
- I am all spun up about some long weekends and weekend trips I have in the works.
- We will be day tripping to Salida Fiber Festival, Sept. 7 & 8 in Riverside Park.
- October 5 & 6 we will be going to Toas Fiber Festival held in Kit Carson Park for the weekend.
- The weekend after that we are off to MIZZOU for Homecoming. It’s Byrd’s last year and I she begs us to come.
- Closing song: All shades of Blue by Gregory Alan Isakov. Try their Music… Buy their Music!