In this episode, I have got some knitting, some spinning, a little tale for you about my favorite trip of the year and I have some good news.
- Current circumstances are the same. I am still in Pennsylvania.
- I got a little break.
- All is well in my little world. Not a whole lot to say.
Spin a Tale
- I have a little tale for you about my respite.
Spinning my Wheels
Generally speaking, I knit more in the winter. However, I always have something in the works.
- I have a Weekender on the needles. Not conducive to travel, but I’ll get back to it when I return.
- I don’t have the yarn I want to use, which is MadTosh Farm Twist. I am working a two-color sample using two shades of Malabrigo Rios.
- I brought a super simple pair of self-striping socks for travel and waiting rooms and such.
I am taking care of some chore sewing at mom’s house. Thankfully, she is well equipped for the task.
I continued to spin and get lots done. You can hear all about he concessions I have had to make to get things accomplished.
- I finished spinning and plying the Inglenook Fibers. I plied it on my mom’s Woolee Ann electric Spinning Wheel.Improvising a giddy noddy didn’t go so well.
- Finished that 2 oz. of BFL from the local dyer, TurtleMade. I plied this in a refurbished Louet Hatbox Wheel. I really enjoyed that.
- Started spinning on some beautifully dies cashmere and silk from TurtlePurl Yarns. It’s a mess spinning the flyaway fiber here.
- A Daedalus Sparrow followed me home from Maryland Sheep and Wool. It turned out to be the perfect travel companion and I am so glad I brought it with my to PA.
All Spun Up
- I am headed home!
I am learning a lot about myself during this trip and will have a lot to share about what I have learned in future episodes. I have some adventures, plans and projects to get back to. I have some antique sock knitting machines to restore, I have several alpaca fleece that need my attention and lots of unfinished house projects
- Song: Time Will Tell by Gregory Alan Isakov.