In this episode, I have got some knitting, some spinning, and some mending plans. I am also all spun up about pockets.
- No more fake Sweater Ads!!!
- Hear about my plans for the Salida Fiber Festival and how they were foiled
- Ended up at the Union Peak Festival
All Spun Up
- I am all spun up about pockets and jeans.
- Hear about my plans for mending and diving into the book Mending Matters by Katrina Rodabough
Spinning my Wheels
I have made some pregress on a few things…
- The hats. I finished 3 version of the first hat, making small adjustments as each one progressed. I have the pattern drafted and just need some pics before it goes to the Tech Editor. I really like the version I made in Malabrigo Rios.
- Had to cast-on before a road trip. I really wanted to start the second hat but I can’t find all my math and notes. I started a sock blank scarf to act as a swatch for re-figuring the math. I’ll have to dig through everything to figure out the dyer.
- I am on the hunt for a specific color of yarn for a baby sweater.
- Just about done with the singles on the 100% Polworth from deep stash. It’s from Abstract Fiber in the color way Cosmopolitan
- I dug out a spinning WIP. I returned to my Jenkins Summer Challenge Spin-along (from 2015!!!) and am spinning on some Nunoco Summer Beach. I am digging it and it’s coming along nicely.
- I have not discovered a name for my go to drafting method. JC Boggs says the best way to communicate a drafting method is to say what you did and what what fiber prep you are working with. My go to method is: “short forward draft, letting twist in between my hands, but not smoothing it … using combed top.”
- Not much more than what I mention in All Spun Up.
Thanks again for tuning in. I have some travel and adventures coming up so stay tuned for that.
- Song: Who’s Laughing Now by Durry.