In this episode, I have got little bit knitting, a little bit sewing, a whole lot of spinning, a little tale about holiday prep and I put my spin on my SOAR experience.
- We are trying to get our minds wrapped around the weather change. It looks like Fall gave us about two good weeks and then gone. We have already had about 8 inches of snow.
- We have been winterizing. Time to get the pasture and the garden ready for the freeze.
Spin a Tale
- Hear about our prep for the holidays and how the fam conspires against me. I have to do little things to keep the boy’s seasonal depression at bay.
Spinning my Wheels
- I finished the all the seaming and finishing and delivered the one-piece Baby Kimono sweater I am knitting for a friend.
- The Sock Blank scarf got some attention during my travels.
- Literally knit exactly zero stitches on hat 2. Not sure if I am still happy with the plan I have for the hat.
- I have been knitting on my Weekender Sweater. Not sure why I put it down. I really like it.
- I am about to sew a new fall table runner. Using a falling leaf appliqué motif. Pretty excited about it. Should be done by the time I record next.
- I have spun every single day even though I have finished nothing. This is helping me make some big plans for the spinning future.
Put my Spin on It
Hear all about all of my adventures at the Spin Off Autumn Retreat 2022! It was intense and I loved it.
SOAR was amazing and now it’s up to me to make sure I keep the momentum going. I have big plans that start with me taking inventory of the fleeces in my stash. I want to spin a fleece with intent and make a rustic sweater. I also have to finish a languishing spinning project. I have to prep my Sequoia spinning wheel to be given to my Tanya.
- Song: Winter Hymnal by Fleet Foxes.