In this episode, I’ve got some knitting, some spinning, a little tale for you about some stories that are prominent online right now and we get all caught up on on what is going on in my life.
- We headed to Salida, CO for Rock day. I can’t believe I didn’t know what Rock Day was. Distaff Day… Duh.
- I met Elena from Cactus Hill Farm in La Jara, CO. And chatted with Peggy from The 100th Sheep
- Check out this articulate article featuring Clara Parkes, called Fiber Optics: Wool Lovers Batter Animal-Rights Crowd over Sheep Sheering
Spinning my Wheels
- I cast on a pair of Self-striping socks without a pattern. I am using Turtlepurl Striped Softshell Turtle Toes in the color way What’d You Call Me. I used Judy’s Magic Cast On for the first time.
- I have also been swatching quite a bit. I can’t wait to see what I come up with.
- I completely finished with my Olympia by Luna Bud Knits.
- Next, I am getting ready to finished spinning the Louet fiber on my spindle.
- I have the strange urge for experiment with sewing Leather.
Spin a Tale
- There has been a lot of difficult discussion this week on the internet and Instragram regarding Racism in the fiber community and representation. If you don’t already know, you should check out the following feeds to learn and understand the issue and it’s negative impact on the whole community. Here is a good start: @su.krita, @thecolormustard @ocean_bythesea @astitchtowear
- Next time, I hope to share more about what’s going on in my knitting life.
- Closing song: Paint by Paper Kites.