In this episode, I’ve got some knitting, some spinning, and a tiny bit of sewing. I have a tale for you about my efforts to get organized, and I will tell you all about my most cherished spinning wheel.
- I have been traveling like mad. I headed off you ski week and spent time in Breckenridge, CO. That was followed by three days in Texas for work stuff.
- The day we got back from Breck, I attended my knit groups Holiday Party. I walked away with three new books: The Knitter: Knitting Master Class, The Japanese Knitting Stitch Bible, and Japanese Knitting.
Spin a Tale
- In this edition, I tell you about my efforts to get a bit more organized. Hear all about 27 things and 101 in 1001.
Spinning my Wheels
- I finished that pair of Self-striping socks. I am using Turtlepurl Striped Softshell Turtle Toes in the color way What’d You Call Me. I used Judy’s Magic Cast On for the first time, Jeny’s Super Stretchy Bind off and an Afterthought Heal as outlined by Laura Linemann.
- I cast on for a new sock pattern I am working on. I hope to have it released by Feb. 14.
- I got a call from Peggy from The 100th Sheep who has dyed up some fingering weight yarn in the colorway Denim for a shawl project I have in the planning stages.
- I have spun pretty regularly on the Dreaded Fleece but didn’t get much further than that.
- I did some experimenting with sewing Leather and feel pretty good that my equipment with tackle this task.
Spin a Tale
- I tell you all about my most cherished spinning wheel: Louet S96 Victoria
- Next time, I hope to share more about what’s going on in my knitting life.
- Closing song: Saint Valentine by Gregory Alan Isakov.