In this episode, I got some knitting and spinning, a little tale the rabbit hole I fell into, and I put my spin on Estes Park Wool Market.
- Pretty much, all the updates are a recap on my trip to the Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Shearing got delayed because of all the rain we are having. The delay is giving me time to deep clean the barn and spray for weeds.
- Lots if fun and games
Spin a tale
I have a tale for you about the rabbit hole I jumped in to.
Spinning my Wheels
Despite the rabbit hole, I have gotten a lot done.
- I started and finished the hat I was making for Byrd! Yarn and pattern are from Shirsty Cat Designs.
- I cast on new plain Jane socks that are not driving me crazy. You have to try the Turkish Cast on!
- I finished swatching for the apron tank top design and cast on for the actual object. So many stitch already!!!
- I am narrowing down the sweater pattern I plan to cast on next.
- The rabbit hole took me away from my progress on the Gotland fleece. I really need to get back to it.
- I am still working on my Daedalus Sparrow to spin some Spunky Eclectic Panda. It’s headed toward sock yarn.
- I got a wild hair and started spinning some some Merino/bamboo/silk from Greenwood Fiber in the color way Retro Girl. Spinning it on my reproduction Louet S40 Hatbox Wheel
- Hear about my ridiculous fleece purchase. I need to investigate because I can’t remember the breed!
- Oh, and I bought a pound of clean CVM.
Put my Spin on it
I tell you about my spin on the Estes Park Wool Market.
I only have a couple plans in the works. Still have shearing in my future. Hopefully, it goes smoothly. I can’t believe how fast the year is flying by. We are halfway done. I may have to reevaluate some of my goals for the year.
Tour de Fleece is coming!
Song: White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane.