In this episode, I got some knitting and spinning, and a little tale for you about Blind Trust.
- Sheering was a success!
- Our weather has been a little weird. Lots of hail and rain.
- I had so much fun at Estes Park this year that it is making me contemplate buying a camper.
Spin a tale
I have a tale for you about Blind Trust and my new Schacht Sidekick Wheel.
Spinning my Wheels
- Still plugging away on my Plain Jane Socks. Still the perfect travel project.
- Made it to the second section go the tank top design. If I get moving, I may be able to wear it once before the summer is over. HA!
- I feel like I have been undoing more than I have been doing. The sock machine is killing me. I have made 5 socks… 2 of those are a pair but it’s stressful. Using up lots of scrap sock yarn.
- I set some goals for myself for Tour de Fleece 2023. I goal is really to just return to my daily spinning habit. I have been spinning for 30 minutes a day.
- Decided I need to sample one more method on the Gotland fleece. Flicking and spinning from the locks.
- I couldn’t help myself but add a spinning project to the mix. I started spinning some babydoll Southdown by Apothefaery Luxury Fibers on the new wheel.
- Also still spinning some some Merino/bamboo/silk from Greenwood Fiber in the color way Retro Girl. Spinning it on my reproduction Louet S40 Hatbox Wheel
Plans for the future: I am going to make one more sock and then finish the refurb! I am headed to the River Sit at the beginning of August. Oh, and I have no idea if I will have a job next week.
Song: Under Pressure by Queen and David Bowie.