In this episode, I’ve got little a bit of knitting, lots spinning, a tale for you about what I am learning from the Gotland fleece and I put my spin on my latest read.
Lots of Updates:
- The boy had his surgery
- Byrd made her move and I feel like a hero
- Itty Bitty has found her place
- Thanks to everyone who chimed in on the podcast over in the Ravelry Spin Control Podcast Fan group
Spin a Tale
I take this opportunity to update you on my adventures with the Gotland fleece and everything I have learned so far. References I mention:
- The Spinner’s Book of Fleece by Beth Smith
- In Sheep’s Clothing by Nola Fournier and Jane Fournier
- The Fleece and Fiber Sourcebook by Carol Ekarius and Deborah Robson
Spinning my Wheels
- I finished nothing… but that is ok.
- I can see the finish line on the Brickyard Swancho by Erika Flory.
- Still chugging away my plain-jane toe-up socks I am knitting out of a Gale’s Art Sock Blank dyed in the 2019 MDSW colorway.
- Seriously had to resist the urge to cast-on a new cowl that popped into my head.
The first half of the deep clean is complete. All the stuff that wasn’t in its place, is out of the craft room. Next step – Organizing and putting things back where they below.
Put my Spin on it
I put my spin on The Whole Art of Spinning by Carol Kroll
Thanks again to everyone who shared their thoughts on the podcast. Keep chiming in. Maybe we can get more interaction going on the board.
- Song: The Scientist by Cold Play