In this episode, I got some knitting, a little bit of spinning, a tiny bit of sewing talk, we chat about fire, I have a tale for you about accidental deadlines and I put my spin my latest read.
- Had a great trip. Great to see Byrd.
- I did form some opinions on Interweave Yarnfest‘s Marketplace
- The weather is sping-ish, or winter-ish depending on how you look at it.
- I did replace the Field Guide to Fleece and have a plan to not lose it in the future!
Spin a tale
I need to talk to you about all the accidental deadlines I have set for myself.
Spinning my Wheels
I think we all know I don’t swatch, typically, but there are exceptions…
- The Paron Tank by Norah Gaughan motivated me to want to knit a new Maryland Sheep and Wool tank top. And, of course, I decided I want to design my own. Lots of swatching involved. I am swatching in some Lion Brand Re-up Yarn.
- I am making good progress on the plain Jane Socks. I turned the heels and am working the legs now.
- Still working on the body of on the Oatmeal Cardigan by Amy King. It’s boring me so I haven’t gotten as far as I wanted and I have that deadline looming.
Spinning is also knitting this time around because I am swatching the Gotland. I am also planning for my travel spinning.
I didn’t actually get any sewing done, but this is the part where we talk about fire. The Intentional Spinner by Judith MacKenzie saved the day.
Put my Spin on it
I put my spin on Spin to Knit by Shannon Okey
The month of May hold a lot of adventure for me. Work and fun travel, visitors, and of course Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival.
Song: Dreams by The Cranberries