In this episode, we’ve got some knitting, a little bit of spinning, a little tale for you about our shearing adventures, I get all spun up about some adventures I have on the books, and I put my spin on Estes Park Wool Market.
- Summer has arrived… barely. It wasn’t until the end of June! The weather is beautiful and we are loving it. Glad winter is over because it took a toll on my garden.
Spin a Tale
- Shearing the alpaca came really late but it was quite an adventure. We spent two great weekends shearing with the folks at Wild Hair Alpaca… and the boy tried his hand at shearing our boys.
Spinning my Wheels
I have had a lot of adventures and a lot has taken time away from my knitting time.
- The biggest thing I have had going on with spinning was a great class I took with Maggie Casey and I that I learned from her. She amazes me and I am amazed at how much I DON’T know about spinning.
- I am still working on My Blue Heaven. It is a chevron shawl out of a Gradiant set I got from The 100th Sheep.
- I finished another pair of self-striping socks. The yarn I am using is Ty Dy Sock by Knit One Crochet Two.
- I postponed the Flashback Sock Knit-along. I have too much travel going on to concentrate on a new pattern. August is looking good for this though. I may elicit your help in deciding on a pattern.
- I also need to learn how to darn socks. I have a few favorite pairs that I can’t currently wear because I have worn holes in them.
- I will be looking for feedback on packing travel knitting.
Put My Spin On it
- Hear about my trip to Estes Park Wool Market. It was an awesome weekend and I highly recommend this event. Big highlight was our stay in the Rocky Mountain National Park.
All Spun Up
- I am all spun up about a couple of big trips the boy and I have planned for the next month or so. We are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and getting together with some dear friends.
- I can’t wait to kick up my heals this summer and share it all with you.
- Closing song: Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles. Try their Music… Buy their Music!